Through school and community settings, we are increasing low-income families’ exposure and access to fresh, locally grown foods. WFFC co-hosts family-friendly events at the FOOD for Lane County Youth Farm, the Bethel Farm, and the Lane County Farmers Market with tours, kids’ activities, and family-friendly cooking demonstrations.
At these events, families may receive:
- nutrition incentive coupons for use at nearby farmers markets or farm stands,
- food boxes with produce grown by market vendors or on-site at the farm,
- flyers educating families about the opportunity to use their Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits at these sites,
- information about Double Up Food Bucks and other SNAP Match programs, and
- Oregon Harvest for Schools Family Newsletters, which encourage consumption of Oregon-grown fruits and vegetables at home.